...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Life is what makes you smile...

As I was going through my day today, I realized that life makes me smile. All of it; the good, the bad, the downright ugly. It makes me smile.



I found a great pepper mill this week. It's a William Bounds Pep Art pepper mill that I have been wanting for years. The first time I saw it was in OKC at a wonderful dinner with colleagues who are also good friends. I smile now; I found it at Tuesday Morning and at a really good price! Now every time I see it, I'm reminded of that wonderful dinner. Thanks Phil, Mary and Bernina.
Smile.






And then my youngest let me know that he thinks I'm the best mom ever. How nice that is to hear. And he did it in German. Wow.
Smile.


















And my oldest gave me two of the most wonderful grandchildren in the whole wide world. One of which is so precocious that she is going have her father pay for his brother's raising.
Smile.

















The sunsets in Lubbock are most amazing.
Smile














My road to work has been drastically altered because the smart people planning road construction have successfully managed to rip the loop out between 19th and Quaker Avenue. Men???
Smile.





No Worries Mate...Life is what makes you smile

The sun is shining and it’s just another day, life it makes
You smile, if you see the funny side come what may
Out of the door and far away always new horizons
And people to meet along the way, maybe one
Will ask you to stay, stranger things happen in

Life everyday, no worries mate as the Aussies say...

andrew mark wilkinson



2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Life is wonderful isn't it. Grandchildren make the world so sunny. I love the pepper mill and I am heading to my Tuesday Morning here to see if they have any. What a fun gift that would be too.
Have a wonderful week and thanks for the uplifting words.

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hallo Marlies,
ein Lächeln verschönt jeden Tag und es macht gut Laune. Du hast recht, wenn du dem Schönen wie auch dem Unschönen mit einem Lächeln begegnest. Meine Güte, hast du süße Kinderbilder von deinen Kindern! Sie sind nun bestimmt schon groß und deine Enkelkinder werden auch so süß sein. Bei der Vorstellung muss ich jetzt auch lächeln.
Liebe Grüße, Johanna

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin