...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Friday, July 23, 2010

It's Friday!!!!


Why is it Friday already? Why did I think I had a blog post ready to go? Where is my brain?


This week at work we were talking about old things we miss. Cage Elevators! I love them. The workmanship, the squeaks and grinds, the elevator attendant. Who remembers all this?


Being a youngster in Europe in the 50's, there were still plenty of them around. I can remember the ones at different spots in Paris. Ah to be able to see those again.



I thought I had posted some before shots of things that were going to be "overhauled" this weekend. But, no apparently I did not.



To do:
Go to the Bank
Pick up chair cushions at Tuesday Morning
Work
Go to an evening wedding of my favorite 20-something young lady!
Figure out what happened to the blog posting this week
Lose 40 lbs

How much do you think I'll get done today?



4 comments:

Designs on 47th Street said...

Hi Marlis! Oh what beautiful elevators. I can't remember if I've seen any as lovely as you are picturing but it's nice just to think back to the few stores who offer the old elevators that require a person to actually run them. Just what is their title? LOL!

I just peeked at your tablescape. Oh my did I ever enjoy those pictures. So pretty.
Donna

Deanna said...

July Blessings to you!

I remember the day of these elevators...think they are a work of art! So very interesting and beautiful.

I have a wedding to go to next week-end and I thought how can I lose 100 pounds before then...haha...oh brother am I delusional...grins.

God bless and may you have a sweet week-end,
d from homehaven

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh, yes! How elegant, n'est-ce pas? lol Have a great weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

"Oh I DID love those elevators"!!! I WANT that one in your second photo!!! I'll MAKE room for it. Do you remember the TV show "Petticoat Junction", with that WONDERFUL old elevator in the lobby??? I LOVED that old Inn and wanted that ele'... OH now I'm going to have to go see if it's on YOUtube...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin