...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's a pumpkin, no it's a turkey!!

Hello, my name is Tom. I'm having an identity crisis! Help me please. I thought I was a turkey, but then I look down and my midsection looks like a butterball. Oops shouldn't have said that!! No no. don't get any ideas now. I'm too pretty too look at.

I do have this weird growth on my back. Is there any cure for this? 


These are my feathers, and I'm prized for them. I do not shed.


I'm sitting quite regal-like on a tray softened with Spanish moss. 


So for today, I wish you well, I'm going to sit here and watch the funny people use contraptions to suck/move and bag up the leaves!

Note from the master leaf picker upper: Turkey parts purchased in El Paso at a store located within the Magic Pan restaurant. She does not have a website. I was told the pieces came from a company out of Houston, Texas. I was able to find a smaller version on-line, here or here.

Today I'm thankful for Sundays.

I'm linking up to Seasonal Sundays at the Tablescapers. Be sure to drop in on all the festivities.

11 comments:

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I love this post! It made me crack up!!

I'm trying not to get any ideas, Mt Turkey, but you are looking pretty tasty...errr, no, I didb't mean it like that?!!

Sarahx

LindaSonia said...

Wowee those metal turkey parts are the nicest ones I've ever seen!! I'd love to have a set...so sorry I don't live in El Paso
:( LindaSonia

Average Girl said...

That is hilarious! You so crack me up!!!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your great comment.

I forget that you guys are coming up to your Thanksgiving, we had ours in October.

I hope that will be your centerpiece!

Cheers
Tracy

Kuby said...

That turkey really put a smile on my face this morning! Great work!! I love the feet!

Lynn said...

Lovin' your 'turkin'! Happy Sunday:@)

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What a cute pumpkin turkey and your post was so funny!

xinex said...

Oh how cute, lol!...Christine

xinex said...

Oh how cute, lol!...Christine

Diane said...

OMGosh, this is adorable Ÿ I think you are a tumpkin, lol. I ♥ this idea. Toooo cute!

pogonip said...

I love his turkey toes! I've got a wooden set of feathers/head--but no feet.

Glad you liked my velvet pumpkins. If you do make one with the chenille (love chenille) I want to see it!

Miss Merry said...

That turkey is pretty darn cute! I still think he better think about hiding out - he is twice in trouble. Will he be the entree or dessert?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin