...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Friday, January 20, 2012

Candle Wraps

 Notice the candles on the right of the picture? They are all "wrapped".
Decorated. I mean who can have un-adorned candles?
Seriously.

When we were coming home from Dallas on our last trip there, 
we stopped at the Design Center and Western Heritage. They sit sideby side in Weatherford, Texas.
You can enter their world HERE.

 
 I knew I wanted 3 candle warps and I wanted them to sit on the buffet.
So after our trip home, I stopped at a local shopping heaven, Coyote Candle Company.
Furniture, candles, decor items. Just NO website. Hello... NO website? In this day and age. really?

 Also stopped by Tandy leather and picked up some pieces out of their scrap bin.
The leather wrap keeps the wrap from sliding down your candle.
This one has a rusted rose, a horseshoe and a turquoise nugget.
Oh yeah, a strand of turquoise that hangs down, threaded on wire.

 I had All the pieces for this cutie.. 
Thank you Michael for shaving off some of the thickness of the cross.
I use Tim Holtz distress inks to color the top of the cross.
Glued the cross on, done.

The large piece has both the ornamental wood and the once silver colored metal flower
further distressed with soldering black, paints and Tim Holtz distress inks.
Another turquoise nugget rests in the center.

 Details:
the leather wrap is 2.5" tall and 1.5" shorter in length than the circumference of the candle
I used leather weld glue and locktite
do not glue the entirety of the decoration down.. only the center as the wrap has to be able to curve
punch one hole in each side of the back/ cut ends of the wrap
thread a gorgeous ribbon through and tie in a pretty bow
Enjoy!

Thanks for dropping by today. So glad to see you here.
I'd love it if you'd comment so I can find your blog, know you were here and reciprocate!
Hugs...

Linking up to Season Sunday at the Tablescapers! See you there.

19 comments:

Maria said...

I'm sure I'll spend hours fantasizing about candle wraps just as soon as I can take my eyes off that gorgeous buffet. Wow! It's so beautiful!

This is a great idea. I'm going to file it in the "Things to try in the not-to-distant-future because it looks so cool file." You have one of those, too, don't ya?

Tricia said...

They look great! And all MY candles are nekkid! Oh, dear!

Marlis said...

Maria, yes, I have that file too.. only problem it's growing bigger and I'm growing older! sigh.. thanks for your sweet comments.. have a super weekend.. xo marlis

Marlis said...

Tricia, don't fret.. most of mine are too. But I think you could overdo this so I'm happy with these three! Have a super weekend.. xo marlis

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous Marlis! The cabinet is fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Great job! My daughter would LOVE the one with the horse shoe. Riding is one of her passions (and photography) ;0) Have a super weekend!

RhondaBuss said...

Love the candle wraps. Being a Texas girl, I love anything with a horseshoe and turquoise! They are rustic and yet sophisticated. Really nice.

Miss Char said...

Love the new dress up on the candles, what a great way for changing seasons. I think the horseshoe is my favorite. Thanks for sharing Marlis.

xinex said...

They are very pretty, Marlis. What a neat way to transform an ordinary candle to something so special....Christine

Meredith said...

How very pretty. I love the rusty browns with the turquoise.

A Hint of Home said...

Those are so pretty and unique! Love the colors and designs you used!
Have a great weekend!

On Crooked Creek said...

Marlis,
These candle wraps are gorgeous! The sideboard is such a lovely piece and your vignette is stunning! Have a "creative" weekend, dear friend!
Fondly,
Pat

Dianne said...

Marlis, You took a good idea and made it fabulous. That rose with the nugget is something else! You know everyone will be copying you now,including me. Dianne

Rettabug said...

Really, REALLY cool treatments to dress up those neked candles. I thought I was doing good just by ink stamping French words on mine, but you've taken them to a whole new level. WOW! ♥ em & ♥♥♥ that sideboard, too!

Hugs,
Rett

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Marlis, these candles are absolutely gorgeous!! I was wrapping some ivory candles, with turqoise accents, for my master bedroom and bath last week! Love your vignette...the turquoise just "pops"! I love it!

Danielle's Sweets said...

Hi Marlis,
These are adorable! I love this fresh, new idea. I can't wait to try it! Hope all is well.
Danielle xo

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Wow, these candles look gorgeous with the leather wraps, metal details and the turquoise nugget.... love the touch of turquoise! They look just perfect on your beautiful buffet.Happy Sunday to you~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

The Tablescaper said...

So neat. How creative. Great to have your share your creativity with Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Unknown said...

These are absolutely beautiful. I did have a question though how did you get the large horseshoe and flower attached without it falling off from being too heavy? I have tried this but had a lot of difficulty keeping it up. Appreciate the reply thanks
Carrie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin