...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Vignette Friday - a side table

A little side table that bridges the dining area and the living area in the great room. 
A stack of old books...

a few pumpkins...

a triangular terrarium...

topped off with a chicken...

the little bird, a gift from a dear friend...

 a candle in a glass container, a beautiful linen crochet-edged mantel scarf...


candle holder base...

the lid on the candle container...

beautiful crochet along the edge of the mantel scarf, draped carelessly (mind you this time it worked with no fussing) on the table and over the books...
a lamp with ornate details...
And a taupe and black striped shade...
Fall, a season when God's paint brush is rich and full.


I am thankful for the many blessings that come my way every day, those of which I am aware and those yet unseen that will be fruit in God's time.

 I am linking up with Artie's Vignette Friday. Won't you join us over there for a delightful stroll through beautiful vignettes?

9 comments:

Kuby said...

Not only is this Vignette beautiful, the photography is exquisite in composition and light.

Bill said...

So pretty, Marlis! I love the colors and textures. The old leather bound books are great, and the edging on the scarf is wonderful! I also enjoyed your beautiful fall tablescape you did earlier this week -- really stunning!

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Marlis,
What a great vignette, Love that candle holder!
Bella

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love those old books, Marlis! What a unique terrarium - love the rooster on top and I know my Mom would really love it {she's into roosters}.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Marlis,
Thanks for emailing to tell me about that lovely unique candle holder you have.
Loved this pretty post....what a lovely vignette, and loved how you shot pics of every lil detail,
wonderful!
Blessings, Nellie

Diann said...

Loots of pretty details here! Very lovely.

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

It's hard to say exactly what it is that makes a vignette work but this COMPLETELY does. I love the old blooks.

I've got a bit of a thing about old books, ac tually. Everything about them is yummy.

Beautifully put together. I think you should win Vignette of the Week award!!

Sarahx

Jessa said...

Beautifully done. Lovely photos. Such a nice feel to everything. And love the sentiment of using a friends gift.

Lynn said...

Pretty! I love all the details you show. I am not so good at decorating myself so I always appreciate those who are (and any good ideas I can steal ;))

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin