...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Reflections

Reflection

The act of reflecting, or turning or sending back, or the state of being reflected.

The return of rays, beams, sound, or the like, from a surface. See Angle of reflection, below.

The reverting of the mind to that which has already occupied it; continued consideration; meditation; contemplation; hence, also, that operation or power of the mind by which it is conscious of its own acts or states; the capacity for judging rationally, especially in view of a moral rule or standard.

Shining; brightness, as of the sun.

That which is produced by reflection.

An image given back from a reflecting surface; a reflected counterpart.

A part reflected, or turned back, at an angle; as, the reflection of a membrane.

Result of meditation; thought or opinion after attentive consideration or contemplation; especially, thoughts suggested by truth.

Censure; reproach cast.

The transference of an excitement from one nerve fiber to another by means of the nerve cells, as in reflex action. See Reflex action, under Reflex.

I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.
Leonardo da Vinci

Today was a day of reflection.
The long line in the craft store that isn't open on Sundays whose manager wouldn't run a register with over 20 people waiting making me almost late for class. Why did I think my hurry was his concern?
The husband who wanted lunch, called it in and it was going to be ready in 14 minutes and I wasn't out the door yet. Why did I feel I had to hurry?
The person who threw up a rock with their car, the rock that found my windshield, chipped out a piece and cracked it. Why did I think he was really at fault?
The nursery who had absolutely horrid plants that made me feel as if I wasted gas and time. Now they really should have culled out their frost bitten plants...and I got the rock chip on the way there!
Calmer now. None of it was on purpose. Just none of it fit into my plan for my day.

I saw a mirror like this years ago in a high end store. Lots of buttons hot glued onto a frame. Since I was on the road at the time and the mirror was too big and I certainly couldn't have lugged it home, I made one in a size that is just an accompaniment to a room instead of a statement in the room. Hot glue, an inexpensive framed mirror and loads of button. Go raid the button jar of the singles, the fun ones, the cheery ones and put them up. Much more fun to see them then to have them buried in the jar.

Be Creative!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin