...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Holiday Side Table... a very quick revamp

You saw this side table a few weeks ago, click HERE for a rebroadcast or a before.
 Now however, it's had a very simple holiday redo. 

This table is a perfect spot for the beautiful new nativity snow-globe that I received as a birthday gift from my sweet sisters-in-law. 

I also placed this cute cherub on a hidden pedestal on the books that were already there. When I saw him, I knew he was meant to come herald in the season at our home.

Found this lovely floral piece at our local grocery store gift center last year. I loved all the textures on the piece.

The books still hold up the lamp. Do you see the  tartan plaid scarf? I casually draped it over the white dresser scarf I had placed there weeks ago. This scarf was a gift from a dear friend many years ago, I believe it's an Echo brand.

Hark, the season is upon us. 

Good news from heaven the angels bring,
Glad tidings to the earth they sing:
To us this day a child is given,
To crown us with the joy of heaven.
- Martin Luther

I'm linking up with Artie's Vignette Fridays, be sure to click HERE to see all the other lovelies.

7 comments:

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Love to see the nativity. We see so little of it these days, and I love the plaid -- I'm mad for plaid.

Mary said...

LOVE your cherub heralding the Season! And your red BOOKS...drool...the plaid, nativity & poinsettia~ All make a lovely reason for the season vignette :-)

Peggy said...

I love the Nativity snow globe. It is gorgeous. The whole scene reminds me of Scotland. It touches my heart! I want to live in your home. My decorations have made it from the shed to the porch, but the sewing machine, computer and other things seem to have gotten in the way. Will take a day off this weekend and get started. Thanks for the inspiration.

Deanna said...

Marlis,
Lovely post!
Following you and excited to see what you will share with us each new post.

May you have a blessed Christmas,
d from homehaven

Kuby said...

Beautiful, I love the nativity! I love how everything on your table is special to you! May you have the happiest Christmas ever.

The Charm of Home said...

Oh, I like this look too. I am very drawn to traditional looks this year. The cherub and plaid make a striking impression, love it.
Sherry

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh Marlis, that snow globe is stunning! I love the backdrop on it, and how beautiful the figures inside are! I also love the way you have this vignette set up. The plaid scarf looks so perfect, and your trumpting angel is precious. laurie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin