...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tableside Greetings

We have a great grocery store here... a United Market Street. Not only great groceries, but also some really wonderful accessories. Sweet Husband purchased this lovely tree plate for me. Aren't I the lucky one? I think it was the y'all that got him - what do you think?

I added a silver Revere bowl filled with some faux greenery, berries, an ornament and a Christmas card. I have life as it is this moment figured out! The King of the House - aka Regan (our now 8 month old kitten), likes real greenery and will leave the faux stuff alone!

 The bowl sits on a holiday square. I purchased this remnant while I was home (German) visiting my parents decades ago. I really wanted enough of the fabric for a tablecloth, but alas, that was not to be. The star is cross stitched and the pine branches are hand embroidered.

A gold trim edges the piece. The shiny gold stars are woven in the fabric.
Thanks for dropping by today. I hope you enjoyed a glimpse into our home. Be blessed this holy season.

I'll be linking up to the Tablescaper's Seasonal Sunday be sure to check out some real inspiration!


8 comments:

Carol at Serendipity said...

Lovely vignette! Love the treatment in the last picture, too.

Carol

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Hi Marlis, I think that square is just beautiful. I little bit of that fabric seems more special than a whole table of it. It's just gorgeous. Isnt it so nice to have those kind of memories at Christmas? Thanks for sharing it.

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Marlis, the German square is beautiful. It is so nice to see handmade pieces in the vignettes. Your hubby is special and very thoughtful! Linda

xinex said...

Pretty vignette, Marlis!...Christine

Unknown said...

Hi Marlis! Love the vignette.

Designs on 47th Street said...

Oh so pretty! Don't you just love finding great things at a grocery store? Sometimes you can really find some treasures there. Your vignette truly is lovely.

Donna

Kuby said...

The plate is wonderful! How nice of your husband! I love the Christmas Card; those old Santa's are so nice. I have the Artista Santa Designs and that card reminded me of them. I absolutely adore the hand embroidery! It is just wonderful to look at it all.

Sharon said...

That's a pretty plate, lucky you! I invite you to link this and all your xmas posts to our xmas party over at www.thekeybunch.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin