...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Seasonal Sunday

The stockings are hung  by the chimney with care
In hopes that St. Nick soon will be there.

The one for our youngest son, a cowboy Santa, John Deere tractor, birds, bell and personalized with his name. Embroidered, piped and buttons added from Just Another Button Company (a real favorite of mine).

A purchased stocking for Mom.
A stocking made by my mother. 

This one started out as a printed panel. Just cut it out, embellish the tar out of it, add more buttons from Just Another Button Company (I told you I LOVE them), a bit of quilting, twine used as cording = recipe for success.

A last bit of decorating (who am I kidding, we are adding the decorations to the tree today)...

A Spode transferware bowl filled with greens and a cardinal. Behind that is a metal angel with lots of glitter!

The cardinal mate looking on.

A monk behind bars, well he's in a designer bird cage, does that count?


Believe.
In the magic of the season.
In the ultimate gift from God.
Merry Christmas.


I'm linking up to the Tablescaper's Seasonal Sunday. Do drop in and join the party... lots of pretty amazing eye candy!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Marlis...your stocking stand is fabulous and oh, those stockings are beauties. I also love your red transferware with the cardnials. I have a thing for cardnials :)

CHRISTmas Blessings!
Gail

Sarah said...

Marlis, it's a treat to see your beautiful stockings. Your work is gorgeous, talented lady! Love the stocking holder as well. The other touches of your home are warm and inviting. Thanks for sharing it all. ~ Sarah

Sue said...

Be still my heart for that lovely piece of red/white transferware! So pretty... providing a home for the cardinal. And major envy on those gorgeous stockings! You can embellish, girl! Crack me up with the monk behind bars, too. He must have done something very wrong. LOL Must have been that stein of "mead" or whatever else might be in there!
Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I have to get going on all my party visits or I'll be behind for weeks. Wait- I already am!
Merry Christmas~ Sue

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

marlis, those stockings are beautiful.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Oh my you have some wonderful stockings...so cute. Thank you for finding the time in this busy season to stop by my blog and leave such a nice comment. Merry Christmas!

Lynn said...

Lovin' your stockings and transferware! Merry Christmas Marlis-Enjoy:@)

Kuby said...

Oh how beautiful the stocking look! Everything is so enchanting. The monk is fantastic!! Your younger son's stocking is wonderful!

Kathleen said...

Oh the poor friar in the bird cage. He needs to be free!
Lovely stockings, everything looks so festive, Marlis!

Jacqueline said...

What a fun display for your stockings and fun stockings too. I love the one with the tractor on it. We have homemade ones that I bring out Christmas Eve. My daughter is busily sewing one for the baby now. It is fun to see them all lined up. I love your little falling snowflakes too.

Marlis, I just use thumb tacks to hand the ornaments from the ceiling. I often find the former hole to put them in but I don't worry about it much as you can't see them when you are sitting down!
Have a wonderful Christmas.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Marlis, All of the stockings are wonderful! makes me wish I could sew.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Sherry

Magdalena said...

Hi Marlis,
Your stockings are wonderful..I love seeing Santa on them. I would love to have that one...I need to keep my eye out for one when I go shopping
xx
Bunny
Merry Christmas

xinex said...

I love your stockings, Marlis! Your home is so cozy. Merry Christmas to you and your family!..Christine

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin