...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Baby, it's cold outside

I really can't stay
(but baby it's cold outside)
I've got to go away
(but baby it's cold outside)
This evening has been
(been hoping that you'd drop in)
So very nice
(i'll hold your hands, they're just like ice)
My mother will start worry
(beautiful whats your hurry)
My father will be pacing the floor
(listen to the fireplace roar)
So really i'd better scurry
(beautiful please don't hurry)
but maybe just a half a drink more
(put some records on while i pour)
the neighbors might faint
(baby it's bad out there)
say what's in this drink
(no cabs to be had out there)
i wish i knew how
(your eyes are like starlight now)
to break this spell
(i'll take your hat, your hair looks swell)
i ought to say "no, no, no sir"
(mind if i move in closer)
at least i'm gonna say that i tried
(what's the sense in hurtin' my pride)
i really can't stay
(oh baby don't hold out)
both:baby it's cold out side

i simply must go
(but baby it's cold outside)
the answer is no
(but baby it's cold outside)
your welcome has been
(how lucky that you droped in)
so nice and warm
(look out the window at that storm)
my sister will be suspicious
(gosh your lips look delcious)
my brother will be there at the door
(waves upon the tropical shore)
my maiden aunts mind is vicious
(gosh your lips are delicous)
but maybe just a cigarette more
(never such a blizzard before)
i've gotta get home
(but baby you'd freeze out there)
say lend me a coat
(it's up to your knees out there)
you've really been grand
(i thrill when you touch my hand)
but don't you see?
(how can you do this thing to me?)
there's bound to be talk tomorrow
(think of my lifelong sorrow)
at least there will be plenty implied
(if you got namonia and died)
i really can't stay
(get over that old out)
both:baby it's cold
baby it's cold outside
Cast:
Fire- Pinion and oak
Tray- hand painted
Crochet cover - purchased placemat
Glass mug - gift from oldest son and wife
Inside glass mug - Gluhwein
Dishes - Spode Christmas Tree
On plate -  Stollen
Bird - purchased at Hobby lobby? TJMaxx? Tuesday Morning?
Napkins - St. Thomas
Napkin rings - Home Goods
Stocking holder - Ballard Designs

I'm linking up to Artie's Vignette Friday, be sure to drop by on Friday and admire the other beautiful vignettes!





10 comments:

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Marlis, Your fireside setting is so inviting! I used that line "baby, it's cold outside" on my post today and was wondering if anyone would get it--don't you love that duet? The Guhlwein looks delicious and very warming! I'm not sure where you are, but it is really cold outside here tonight! Linda

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hallo Marlis,
oh, so ein schöner post. Das Kerzenlicht verzaubert alles. Und wirklich, Baby, it's cold outside. Da kann ich mitsingen.
Liebe Grüße und Frohes Fest
Johanna

Designs on 47th Street said...

Good Morning Marlis, I truly enjoyed your post. Who doesn't love this FUN song? Seeing your fireside trayscape with all your beautiful accessories was just delightful.

thanks for stopping by 47th Street and leaving such a nice message for me. :)
Donna

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comments Marly.
Your fire setting is so cosy and inviting to have a hot wine, hot coco, or tea! Love the Ghulwein looks delicios too! I love it all!

Merry Christmas
Fabby

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love the duet, it reminds me of my mom, she used to adore Dean Martin!
I'm going to show her so she can see him again. Thank you for sharing.

Love
FABBY

Kuby said...

How cozy is this! I love Dean Martin, the song, the snowflakes, the stollen and the heartwarming settings. The candles are fantastic. You are fantastic. Have a wonderful Christmas, Marlis!

xinex said...

Oh so cozy, MArlis! Merry Christmas to you and your family!....Christine

Jacqueline said...

Marlis, what a lovely and warm vignette. I could hear the song as I read it. Love Dean Martin too. Nothing quite as wonderful when it is snowing outside as a warm fire and then to add to it by having some lovely holiday bread and wonderful music. That is my idea of a wonderful December night.

Sarah said...

Marlis, this is a beautiful fireside setting. It would warm anyone's heart!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I love that song - funny that you only hear it at Christmas (perfect all winter long) Your fireside setting is the perfect spot to cozy up and enjoy the warmth while the wind whistles outside! Thanks for your sweet visit -- it's always fun to stop by and see what you're creating!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin