...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Heirloom Sewing - part 4

This child's dress won this category..can you see why?

Smocking, embroidery, and the fagoting between the two rows of bias on the collar.. oh my. 

Another gorgeous child's dress with lots of lace shaping and emboidery.

 
 
This dress was made by the same person who made the first piece. Incredible smocking and embroidery.

 A darling collar on the gingham check!

 This incredible number in wool was absolutely fabulous!

 See the beautiful piping, smocking and the embroidered cross?


 Darling critters on the smocked inset.

 Love the shaping on the band on the bottom of the dress and sleeves.

Another sweet rendition of blue and white.

 Pink and white always looks so precious. Great embroidery and all the pretty lace.

So much cute smocking!
 A perfect little boy's outfit with the smocked puppies!

 Meticulous pintucks and shaped lace on this bishop dress.

Wouldn't this darling sundress be perfect for any sweet little girl?
A gorgeous batiste confection in blue and white.

What a charming ensemble of jacket and dress. I am sure this sweet girl looks precious in her outfit. Shaped hems, embroidery and many machine stitches make up this cutie.

Thanks so much for dropping in. Your visit humbles me. All garments were participants in the judged exhibition at Martha's Sewing Market in Arlington, TX,

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my!! these are simply stunning! that first dress just takes my breath!!!

Barbara F. said...

These children's outfits are so adorable. I can see why the top one took first honors! The detail is amazing to see on tiny garments. xo,

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How beautiful they all are!

Kuby said...

These are all so exquisitely beautiful! These are just a pleasure to look at. Thank you so much for giving us a taste of Martha's Market.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh My Word, I don't know how a winner was ever picked. They are all beautiful. What talented seamstresses. Thanks for sharing this Marlis. I loved seeing them. laurie

bj said...

I've so enjoyed seeing all these beautiful creations.
My mom had the talent..I didn't get even a stitch of it.
Thanks for showing these..just beautiful.
xo bj

xinex said...

These girls' dresses are adorable, Marlis. I can't wait to start shopping for my new granddaughter who is coming in Dec. Thanks for lookin gfor the dishes for me....Christine

Mary said...

Oh my! What a labor of love each of these pieces are! I can't imagine the hours these sweet dresses must have taken!

Maria said...

I really liked the little boy's outfit. When my sons were little, I had such a difficult time finding outfits like this! These dresses are just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marlis! Oh, what lovely little outfits! I've never seen prettier smocking and I know it's a more simple one, but I love the little yellow dress and collar 401. Rather old fashioned looking and would look precious on my little grand daughter. These are certainly modern heirlooms.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Dianne said...

I would have loved to see all these in person. They are just amazing. When my daughter was little, I smocked and embroidered all her dresses, but they were nothing like this! I would be afraid to let a child wear these beauties. Dianne

Rettabug said...

Oh my...do you have ANY idea how fast my ♥ races when I see photos of such things???? I want to try to make each one!!
I've got to show Jerry R. that first one...she will D.I.E, die!

I remember when I first started heirloom sewing, I would read some of the SB patterns & think, "I could NEVER do that!" Now I see stuff & think "Hey, I MIGHT be able to do that one!"
You continue to inspire us all by sharing this wealth of creativity, Marlis. Thank you SEW much for taking photos & then showing them to us.

Hugs,
Rett

The Charm of Home said...

Oh my! It is such a good thing I didn't have a daughter. I would have spent fortunes to cloth her. These are so incredible. Love the fabric on 404. Beautiful!
Sherry

Kathleen said...

Amazing! I love all of them, what talent !

Denise at Forest Manor said...

Marlis, these incredible creations have my jaw dropping!! They look like something one would buy in a very pricey children's boutique --better actually. I love these!! Every one is exquisite. I am drawn to the little boy's outfit with the embroidered black Scotty dogs. We have a boy (grown up now), and we are Scotty owners. But all the dresses are just amazing. So glad you shared.

Thanks for visiting my blog this weekend and for taking time to leave a comment. I'm so glad you liked Old Salem.

Hugs,

Denise

Anonymous said...

I can't even fathom creating a project like that. Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin