...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Gingerbread - oh what a treat..

Gingerbread Man Christmas Poem
Once there was a gingerbread man,
Baking in a gingerbread pan,
Raisin eyes and cherry nose,
Trimmed right down to his fingers and toes,
A gingerbread man in a gingerbread pan
Here’s the old woman who made him sweet,
A treat for she and her husband to eat,
She made him with flour, sugar, and eggs,
Then gave him a face, two arms, two legs,
A gingerbread man in a gingerbread pan
Now open the oven to see if he’s done,
The gingerbread man may surely run,
Out of the oven, on to the floor,
Out of the kitchen and out the door,
If the gingerbread man leaps out of the pan
Chase him old woman, chase him old man,
Now chase him, chase him, fast as you can,
Through the garden and out the gate,
Chase him, chase him before it’s too late,
The gingerbread man is out of the pan
www.staidenshomeschool.com
Along came a horse who wanted a snack,
Run fast Mr. Gingerbread, and never look back,
Run, run Mr. Gingerbread, fast as you can,
Shout, “Can’t catch me, I’m the gingerbread man,
I’m the gingerbread man out of the pan!”
Along came a farmer who wanted a treat,
The gingerbread man looked good to eat,
Run, run, fast as you can,
Shout, “Can’t catch me, I’m the gingerbread man,
The gingerbread man out of the pan!”
Along came a fox who loved to eat,
and the gingerbread man looked nice and sweet,
“Jump on my back, my gingerbread pet,
we’ll cross the river so you won’t get wet,
Mr. Gingerbread man who’s out of the pan!”
No place to go, no place to run,
And a ride ‘cross the river could be such fun,
Off with the fox did gingerbread go,
What happened next, I think you know,
To that gingerbread man out of the pan
That sly old fox had a wonderful treat,
The old man and old woman had nothing to eat,
Not a bite was left for the cow or dog,
Or the horse or farmer, not even the hog,
No more gingerbread man in or out of the pan…
~author unknown.~
Gingerbread kit with its accessories....a window
to the 'invisibles' page
snowflakes sprinkled across a page and a pocket in which to tuck your wishes...
a couple of pages for multiples pictures...
simply stated...
to state the wishes for what to bring underneath your tree.

Be Creative!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh....what a great memory you have brought back. My 1st grade teacher,
Mrs. Mann read it in such a fashion you could see the gingerbread man running down the road giggling and saying"Catch me if you can I'm the gingerbread Man" She could make the print on a page come to life.....to this day I still can picture the whole scene in my mind's eye. Thank you so very much.

Cathy Demel

Bobbie said...

They are all awesome mini books. I am thinking possible to do for name tags on gifts. I think with the dyes it would be possible as I wouldn't have to punch holes and could do a simple version.

Caroline said...

I had absolutely no intention of buying this set of dies! But alas, I saw these finished products at DML, and WHAM! I had to own them!!! Gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin