...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Christmas Countdown - Day 10 - Frosty Felt Ornament Swap

This wonderful brown bag tied with an antique hanky brought back the most delightful felt ornaments from "Silver Bella". My friend Stacy was hosting a felt ornament swap at Silver Bella this year. It's a deliciously exquisite retreat in Omaha. One lady dropped out at the last minute and Stacy sent me an email asking if I was crazy. Well No does not appear in my vocabulary so I said yes to making 18 felt ornaments in one night. I am so glad that I did. Let me share with you the contents of this bag:
Lonnie Jenck made this wonderfully amazing glass ornament. It wasn't part of the swap, but she sent it to me via Stacy-mail! The vintage Christkind image is perfect! She had to have known how special German traditions are to me. Thank You Lonnie from the bottom of my heart.
Virginia Burrows made this amazing quilt ornament. The frosted flakes that give this piece a frosty glow hide none of the perfect stitching!
Jayne Whitney created this layered heart ornament. The back had a beautiful silver Christmas tree on it. The jeweled crown and crystal dangler just make this ornament sing its way into my heart!
Heather Rowley made this fun sweater ornament bedecked with a ruched velvet flower, glitter leaves set apart with a swag of lace. So clever!
Can you see the antique lace on the bottom of this ornament? Did you see the crown on the bird? Isn't this delightful ornament by Kelli Flitton to die for???
Who ever knew that lace could create such charming details on this perfect little felt Gingerbread house??? Well Loretta Reynolds did. How clever and cute!
Jennifer Norman's pear is such a fun rendition of the classic "pear tree"... 4 layers of felt, shimmer from the brooch, a gorgeous piece of ribbon are the ingredients to perfection.
Presented in a cupcake liner nest filled with pink shredded paper is this truly fun bird. Don't miss the crown on her head and the eyelashes!! How clever. Aren't the little flowers so perfect as an adornment. I imagine she is on her way to a ball with her creator Alanna George.
Valita Baxley's perfect stitching, sumptious colors, perfect button and pearls are a winning combination. So beautiful!
Jen Kershner dangled vintage balls from the bottom of this little bird making her the belle of the ball. She's kept warm with a lovely blue scarf around her neck.
Nancy Mitchel made a snowman. I just love snowmen. They are such magical characters. He has chunks that look like coal for his buttons and eyes. beads for a mouth and twigs for his arms. He is going to look perfect on the tree.
Ida May Couch gave everyone a present. Nothing is more intriguing than a box. This one holds a most interesting surprise inside. A tiny little book entitled sing. Now the whole combo just puts a song in my heart.
Kara Ward took us to France with a nubby, felted wool Tour d'Eiffel. The flowers and ribbon are so beautiful. Did you see that the front piece is cut out and there is some jacquard fabric behind the felted wool? Je vous souhaite un Joyeux Noel!
Cannot have Christmas without a poinsettia, now can we. Look at the french knots on the center and that over a whisp of tulle. The hanger is made of wired beads and vintage colored balls. So pretty. Thank you Cammy Pollak.

Melissa Danner made a ball tassel ornament. Each of the sequins is hand sewn in place. The beads and silver chord are absolutely perfect. It looks so yummy!
Cristina Sequino made this amazing tree. Those charming buttons are vintage as is the seam binding bow. It's the perfect way to show that in simplicity lies perfection!
Just look how perfect Shannon Johnson's stitching is. Those snowflakes are what I hope to achieve one day. French knots this perfect elude me. It's beautiful.
Stacy McGinnis, yes I'm crazy and I'm so happy I am! Her beautifully stitched ornament made of a sweet gray glencheck is so pretty. I love the pearl tree. I love the word Joy. It makes my heart sing. Her blanket stitching is so good, I don't dare show her mine. Thank you Stacy for thinking of me, for being my friend and for bringing the best out in me! Love ya.
And finally, here is the one I made. Felted a really nice wool sweater in the washing machine. Stripped some blue fabric. Sewed it on to a heart shape with some decorative machine stitches in silver thread. Glass glitter on the punched snowflake. Two pearls on curled silver wire and a bow are the finishing touches. I dropped a green punched fir branch on this on but I don't know from where that came because it's not on there now? Oh well.

Thank you ladies for letting me be part of your swap! I had a blast and am so blessed to have a part of you to make my holiday extra special.


11 comments:

TAMMY said...

THESE A REALLY NICE!!

Caroline said...

These are amazing! Thank you so much for sharing them!

Bobbie said...

Very talented ladies. I love them all. I would say it was well worth your 18 lovely ornaments. They will be amazing on your tree.

Cathy D said...

Love them all!!! So much talent!!!
But most of all I know what I will do with part of the buttons that belonged to my great-grandmothers.
What a great way to display them...
and past down to my 3 children someday.
Thanks so much!!!
Prayers
Cathy D.

Stacy said...

wow! Your pictures are so good I may just borrow them for my blog! I'll be sure to send everyone over here first!

Anonymous said...

What a great collection of unique ornaments! Thanks for your accolades on mine. You did an amazing job with your ornament...and in such short order! I'm so happy to have your heart!! Virginia B.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marlis!
You are SO amazing for putting those 18 ornaments together in 1 day!!! And, I'm so very glad you did. :) Thanks for your sweet email and comments...hopefully you can join us next year at SB.
xoxo
Cristina

Lorraine said...

These are beautiful!

Linda Jo said...

I love these!

Unknown said...

W@W! And everyone had to make 18? Each one is stunning!

Just Give Me Flowers! said...

What an amazing collection of beautiful ornaments that you have. I'm sure it was well worth all your hard work making 18!
I especially love the first ornament by "Lonnie Jenck", is there instructions out there for this particular ornament? I would love to make some for my families annual Christmas ornament party.

Thank you so much,
Debbie Hutchinson

LandDHutch@msn.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin