...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Monday, June 29, 2009

July calendar - - it's almost here!

Sorry the shot isn't so clear... but it's almost bedtime around here. At this point I take what I shot. It's almost July and I haven't posted the calendar yet. I used two QuicKutz dies, the flag and the cannon blast. Doodling with a black pen and then highlighted with silver add some texture to the otherwise bland red background. Highlights provided with the glitter glue make the cannon blast aka fireworks and the dots on the doodling pop. This month's saying is
"Many public-school children seem to know only two dates: 1492 and the fourth of July; and as a rule they don't know what happened on either occasion."
Mark Twain
I thought twice about using this quote, but having stood in front of a classroom, it's sadly true - mostly.

I found this little collection of prepackaged 3" calendar pieces that I will use for next year's calendar. They have an antique-y feel and each month is printed with a different saying and picture.

The Mini Calendar Card Set is by Jerri Bowlin.

Be Creative! Thanks for checking this out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin