...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Creative Paper Concepts - Hope

Second Creative Paper Concepts posting! This is exciting. I have already planned out the next 3 months of postings. That is great news. I have some fun things to share!
Supplies are not much different than week one. Add green silk ribbon, 4mm. A crewel needle will help you 'sew' the background paper. Some flowers, glitter, glitter glue, adhesive, glue dots, stamp and ink, and a great background paper. I think I purchased this one at a now defunct scrapbook store in Huntsville, Alabama. It was really wedding paper, but the overlays of ribbon and pearls (on the paper) make it so versatile. Can you tell where this is going?
Background piece is a 6" square and the insert is 5 3/4" square. The corners are a punch. The font is QuicKutz Stardust. I think I said it was Magnolia last week, sorry, sorry. Made a mistake.

Oh, added a velvet leaf too. I am so depleting my stash of those. Need to find a resource for those. Anyone know any place - mail order preferred, or I'll wait until I can get to Huntsville AL next July.

These flowers had a too-white frosting on them. I used a Color Box chalk in to "subdue" the whiteness. It worked. Added gold glitter to the small flowers. Use fabric glue to adhere the gold metallic trim to the bottom of the piece.

So here is the piece combined with last week's. I added two jump rings between each of the pieces. I wanted a bit more length. If you aren't adept at jump ring installation, a gorgeous piece of silk ribbon will do nicely.

So to the winner... I used random.org to provide a winning number. Too hard for me to pick amongst friends. The cute wire hanger will go to...........drum roll please.........












And the winner is: Helen! Wow not only was she the first to post, but she had to work the hardest to get it done. And because I found one more hanger, I will pass this on to another faithful reader. Drum roll please.......

Tammy Enos....

Both of you please email me your addresses so that I can get your hangers in the mail...

Congratulations to both of you ladies.
Next month, I'll do another give away, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Brenda Pierce said...

Marlis, these are great! What a great way to use up some of those odds & ends I have!

Anonymous said...

Man, is my day going great! Met with the financial advisor and my accountant and am optimistic that they can help me and not just spend my money, but then I come home and find that I won the hanger. Thanks so much Marlis. Hope I can do it justice. Sorry I forget the bag with the punches yesterday. My address is:
Helen Sisson
20 Bennett Circle
Wolfforth, TX 79382

By the way, today's piece is just as gorgeous as last week. This is going to be my favorite blog for sure.

See you at the store.
Helen

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin