...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Today, I'm thankful for...

source

People. Without them life would really be boring - wouldn't it? Each one unique, each one different and each one brings another quality to the table. Each one made in God's image. I like to think that how I interact with others has a direct bearing on how they will interact with me. If I smile at them, is this the only smile they will see all day? If I say thank you, will this be the only time they hear it? What positive piece can I bring into their lives?

Today I am thankful for all the people in my life. My sons, my husband, my co-workers, the checker at the grocery store, the young lady who carried the groceries to the car. I am thankful for the postman (and it is a man) who brought me mail, for the newspaper person who faithfully delivers my paper, for the young man who takes care of our yard. It was a joy to be with everyone in our dessert club at work and see their smiles and the interaction of the group. It was just a really happy day!

3 comments:

ellen b. said...

We really have so much to be thankful for! Have a wonderful weekend.

Kuby said...

I feel the love of God in this post, Marlis. Thanks for sharing it.❤

On Crooked Creek said...

Marlis,
I'm such a Barbara Streisand fan..."People, People Who Need People. Are the luckiest PEOPLE in the world." Lovely post! Great reminder to appreciate those who make our lives worth living!!! I am continually blessed by your blog friendship, dear friend!!!
Fondly,
Pat

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin