...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Monday, November 19, 2012

Today, I'm thankful for...

Today, I'm thankful for my friend Diane. We are kind of related, but not really. Her aunt is buried in our family plot. So the relation is all by marriage. But the friendship was immediate. 

We met at bible study. It was an exciting time, as our BSF class opened the first evening women's class in decades in Lubbock. We had spent 18 months, or was it two years?, praying for this to come to fruition. 

It's the first class night of the first class. Diane walks up to me and says, I think we are related. And I say, how so, cause I don't think so. You see, we can account for most relatives in this part of the lower 48. So Diane, who obviously has done her homework, I'm still wondering how... explains it all to me. And I go home and tell my husband who is equally astonished. I love how God puts the right people in our lives to make us complete!

Since then, there has been a kinship and friendship that has blossomed. Hugs Diane, cause I know you don't like them!!! Thanks for the sweet, lovely little candle.

Today, I'm thankful for my new relative Diane...my new friend Diane... and this lovely lemon scented candle. Voluspa.. these are just little jewels!!

3 comments:

Karena said...

Marlis how wonderful a story! You never know do you when we may be with someone who is related in some way, or simply separated by 1 or 2 degrees!

Xoxo
Karena
Giveaway from Scalamandré!

The French Hutch said...

Marlis, What a sweet story and a new blessing for sure! Wishing you and yours blessings and a very Happy Thanksgiving.

~Emily
The French Hutch

On Crooked Creek said...

Marlis,
Adore your story of Diane and "the family" connection!!! I have a precious Texas "Sister~in~the~LORD"...believe me...IT COUNTS!!!
Fondly,
Pat

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin