...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Today I'm thankful for...

Welcome to November! I usually keep a blessings journal year around, in which I write one thing that is a blessing that could have been overlooked, or was the bright spot in the day. I thought this month, instead of writing in my journal, I would share my thoughts with you. I do love to go back and read the entries, especially on those days when the blues come for a visit. It makes you focus on what's right and good.

My scripture post this morning on FB was 1 Thessalonians5:16-18   Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

This evening I would need that verse. My son was stuck in another city on a job. He rode up with some others. It was imperative that he be home this evening. Imperative. It looked like he would have to spend another night and his world could be one huge mess because of it. 

This evening, he called distraught. I volunteered to drive (9 hours roundtrip mind you) and pick him up. He said no, he couldn't ask me to do that. Mothers out there, you know you would, too. Instead I went down on my knees before God and asked what I should do and what I should say and placed my despair in His hands. God answered so quickly my head jerked.. They would be leaving this evening.. Home by 1:30 am. Praise be to God.  


Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


I am thankful that God listens to even me and answers my prayers.

4 comments:

Moni - Zuhaus at Home said...

We serve a good God! I love you post! thank you also for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet note. I love your tablescapes... Have a nice weekend!

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Amen! Have a nice weekend OK?

On Crooked Creek said...

Marlis,
Thank you for this post, dear friend!
My son, too, is having a rough week. Health issues with his ribs. This MoMa prayed last night and again this morning. Now, I must leave it in God's hands. . .I know He has a plan in all of this. I must be patient and wait! Wait. . ."Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength". I will wait!
Fondly,
Pat

Little Miss Maggie said...

I hope your son made it home safely. Sounds like he did.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin