...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What Cancer cannot do..

What Cancer Cannot Do
Cancer is so limited.
It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot erode faith.
It cannot destroy peace.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot suppress memories.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot erode the spirit.
It cannot conquer the soul.

Romans 8: 28-30, "We know that in all things God works for good with those who love him, those whom he has called according to his purpose.  Those whom God had already chosen he also set apart to become like his Son, so that the Son would be the first among many brothers.  And so those whom God set apart, he called; and those he called, he put right with himself, and he shared his glory with them." 
 

I saw this today and was once again overwhelmed by the strong women I know who are battling or have battled this and other diseases.  I pray for you, for healing and strength and peace. I pray for your families that they know how to help you and that they too find strength. And I pray for a cure.


2 comments:

xinex said...

This is so true, Marlis. We can't have this thing beat our spirits...Christine

xinex said...

I'm back! Thanks for stopping by, Marlis and yes, the plates you see in the bottom shelf of the cabinet are flow blue. I collect them too but then, what don't I collect? LOL!...Christine

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin