Imagine my surprise when I was asked if I send my sheets to the laundry. Not that I haven't done that before. And my grandmother always sent hers to the laundry. But.....NO!
Here's what I do to get a smooth as ironed finish to the all cotton sheets:
- Wash as directed.
- Take them out of the washing machine one piece at a time and drop into the dryer.
- Set the dryer to hot.
- Test your dryer, but I set mine to dry 18 minutes for our complete set of king-sized sheets.
- Take them out of the dryer. They will be damp to the touch, but this is how you want them.
- Put the fitted bottom sheet on the bed. Smooth out any wrinkles with your hands.
- Place the top sheet or duvet cover on top, once again smooth out any wrinkles with your hands.
- Put the pillow cases on your pillows, again, smooth out the wrinkles.
- Do not tuck in any sheets at this time!
- In a short time, maybe about 1 hour, everything will be dry.
- Make the bed as you normally do.
If however, that doesn't help, then you've baked the wrinkles in and need to rinse the sheets again and start over.
Enjoy your perfectly smooth sheets!
How do you make your bed?