...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Friday, September 11, 2020

Ready for Tech Football!

Covid-19 has affected so much this year. 
We have been partaking in social distancing since early March. 
I'm officially tired of it and ready for a bit of normalcy.
Texas Tech is supposed to play this weekend. We shall see.
 
 
 
 
  
 And there was a challenge to post your football tables on a Facebook group to which I belong.
 
 

As I was sitting at the dining table working this morning (I try to change venues so that it doesn't feel so much like being sent to my room), I thought of what i could do quickly. So in about 15 minutes...



I pulled out these black and white place mats that I purchased at Detours (shopping at La Fonda) in Santa Fe, my red Juliska Berry & Thread dinner plates and our Pipestone salad plates (another Santa Fe purchase from the Chile Shop) and red cutlery.


So in love with the red roses!


These silver candlesticks came home with me from my favorite antique store in Lubbock, A Beautiful Mess. 


Sadly, I think the Berry and Thread are no longer available. They are the perfect shade of red. And i don't remember the maker of this cutlery. It too is the perfect shade of red.


I flanked the flowers and candlesticks with two Texas Tech signed footballs. And other than the red and black, that is the only ode to football on the table. 


The black napkins were also a Santa Fe purchase from the Chile Shop.. They wash like a dream. Napkin rings came from World Market a long time ago. 


I paired a Mikasa French Countryside water goblet with an Ajka Arabella wine glass for a touch of glamour.


For a total of 15 minutes, this came together very quickly. It can be done!

Hope you enjoyed your visit!


3 comments:

Entertaining Women said...

So glad to find you posting again! We’ve been doing a pretty large renovation since October of ‘19, and through all the chaos, I’ve still managed to entertain, I’ve not really had the time to keep posting. I do normally participate with the Tales of the Traveling Totes group, but had to sit out for the October 1st post. It was just too crazy around here. All that said, I love your Raiders table. The beautiful red roses were the perfect inspiration. I of course, loved seeing the AJKA and French Country crystals. We should have collaborated on a Tables for Two. Maybe another time. Seeing you here inspires me to get busy and get going with my blog posts again. You’ve always loved red roses! Are you still embroidering? CherryKay

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Excellent table! I’ve done a few in short time too and often times they’re my best work! Love the center arrangement and the footballs flanking it. Your placemats and red dishes and silverware really are perfect!

Emily said...

Thank you for this nice sharing. Great post.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin