...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Saturday, January 28, 2012

In the midst of chaos...

Chaos reigns in our home right now...
there is a leak under the second sink in the kitchen
i fell this morning on the way to the mailbox - both knees and my pride banged up
parts of the kitchen are painted, parts not
But,, there is always, always something for which to be thankful!
I painted the wall this lovely shade of gray. 
My husband thinks it's too dark.
It had a pinkish/purple cast when the kitchen was flooded with sunlight.
I went lighter to appease Mr. Decorator.
No.
Still looking for the right gray.
Yes, this is the sink that has a leak underneath. sigh.

But.
Alas. 
This sweet clover/shamrock which was featured in this tablescape HERE has decided to respond favorably to the home environment.

Today, this plant is doing so well.
It too, has not been without it's struggles.
It loves the north window.
How do I know?
It's been blooming for the last month!

Maybe it is the silver cache pot in which it sits?
Surrounded by the rooster lamp and the Lampe Bergere.
Or it's the favorite cookbooks.

Okay, now I just broke a nail.
I think it's time to pull a Regan.
Chill, take a nap.

What's on your plate today?

12 comments:

On Crooked Creek said...

Marlis,
So~o~o sorry that things have gone awry at your house. I agree, totally, with Regan...nap time seems to help here on the Prairie! Today, "Mr. Ed" and I tackled the Master Bedroom closet for organization! There are three seasons of clothing in our closet at the moment. We have had unseasonably warm temps. Can't wait for only one season...but when is anybody's guess! In the meantime...I'm taking a short break from the steam iron! Take care of yourself...there will be a silver lining behind every cloud.
Fondly,
Pat

Sue said...

It is always something in our homes, isn't it? I'm always in the midst of a reno or decorating project!
Hope u get things the way you get things the way you want them w/color and the water problems. :-)Sue

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

I want to be your cat. Right now. :)

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hallo, liebe Marlis,
ist ja süß, wie sich deine Katze auf den Stuhl kuschelt. Hoffentlich bekommt ihr das Spülbecken wieder dicht. Der Klee blüht wunderschön.
Liebe Grüße, Johanna

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Looks like Kitty has a great idea. Here's hoping tomorrow will bring a much better day.

Red Couch Recipes said...

I don't do well with water problems, and I have had a lot of them in my days! I love your blooming clover and your Regan -- cats make me happy because they look so darn lazy and they curl themselves in the funniest poses. Sorry about your fall. Joni

Entertaining Women said...

Regan could have been napping all afternoon here with Dickens and me, too! I want to see the final winning gray. Glad the you caught the water issue before it became any worse,and I hope that your knees heal quickly. Cherry Kay

Tricia said...

So sorry about all your troubles, Marlis -- especially the fall! We've also angered the plumbing gods, apparently, with both a dishwasher malfunction that went unnoticed long enough to ruin flooring in the next room and then a garbage disposal that inexplicably dropped off the sink. Not fun! My shamrock plant is totally dormant right now. It's done this before, so I hope it comes back this spring. I've had it over 30 years! Hope today is a brighter day for you!

Mary said...

I for one think the shade of grey is lovely! My hubby fancies himself a color/designer expert so I feel your pain :) Sorry about your tumble & plumbing woes~ taking a cat nap sounds like the perfect solution!

Unknown said...

Marlis -- what a week! Hoping your knees and pride are better. It is a job to find the right shade of paint that everyone can live with. Grays are so soothing :)

Blessings!
Gail

Savannah Granny said...

I am with you and Regan, I am taking a nap. Hugs, Ginger

Debbie said...

I promise that when I chuckled at the broken nail, I was laughing WITH you and not at ya. I am feeling much the way you describe lately.

I think the gray looks wonderful. My shamrock plant died because I have a thumb to match your wall color. I'll buy another one this year just as I always do and try, try again.

Don't let the breaks and leaks get you down!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin