...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Jalapeno Butter


There are two versions of Jalapeno butter that I use quite frequently. Both good, but one doesn't have garlic, so I choose that version for fresh corn!  The other is good on chicken, pork, or anywhere were the garlic won't overwhelm the food on which you put it. 
 Jalapeno Butter

7 tablespoons butter
1 roasted, seeded, de-ribbed jalapeno, skin removed and minced
1-2 teaspoons grated lime
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix all together and let sit at least one hour before using. 
Very good if you brush on corn before you roast it on the grill. 
Save some to pass while eating.


Jalapeno Butter with Garlic
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 to 2 jalapeƱo peppers, seeded and minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup butter, softened
Stir garilc, peppers, and cilantro into butter; cover and chill 8 hours. Serve on baked potatoes, rice, or chicken, or pork.

Linking to Designs by Gollum Foodie Friday.. drop in for a treat or two!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

This sounds great Marlis! I can't wait for local corn to come in:@)

Bonnie Bee said...

this is a MUST TRY.. thx for sharing

Jacqueline said...

We have had fresh corn once already! I think that along with fresh tomatoes is my very favorite. What a great idea to use the jalapenos in a butter. I love jalapenos and any way to use them more often is great.
Thanks for your sweet comments, it is so nice to be home and have great computer connections and to have Blogger comments work! We take so much for granted don't we?
Jacqueline

The French Hutch said...

This looks so good, your butter is perfect. This recipe is a keeper........

~Emily
The French Hutch

Dianne said...

We are doing chicken on the grill tonight and I am going to try this recipe with garlic. Thanks for sharing it. Dianne

Diann said...

Yum! I love to make flavored butters!

Kuby said...

This butter looks fabulous! I cant wait to try it. I've never roasted jalapeno's, but I'm going to learn!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin