...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Yucatán Shrimp Cocktail

 
There is a quaint little place that we frequent occasionally. It's in the old part of town, in a small tiny little place that has a regular door and a garage door. The interior decor is charming. Usually good bands, and good food. La Diosa Cellars.

They serve a Yucatán Shrimp Appetizer. Yummeee! So, I had to test, eat shrimp, add a pinch of this, eat shrimp, a dash of that, eat shrimp, start over, eat shrimp (share with Regan), until now, here's my version. I hope you enjoy it.

Yucatán Shrimp Cocktail
(for three servings)
1 can Snap-E-Tom tomato and chile Cocktail
(this is in the juice section of the grocers)
1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and minced
1/2 ripe avocado, minced
1 1/2 teaspoon minced red onion
1 Tablespoon minced cilantro
1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lime juice
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
dash garlic granules
3 sprigs celery for garnish
3 slices fresh lime for garnish
21 medium cooked and cooled shrimp
3 warm tortillas

Mix everything together except the shrimp.  Divide into 3 individual dishes. Add 6 shrimp to each  dish. Garnish each serving with one sprig celery, one slice lime, one of the remaining shrimp. Serve with  a warm tortilla. 


¡Buen provecho!
Linking to Designs by Gollum's Foodie Friday.. stop by if you need a few new ideas!

10 comments:

Babs said...

Oh, My goodness, Marlis!! That looks good enough to eat!! LOL
It's almost 11 pm and I'm so hungry. I'm not familiar with the Snap E Tom tomato and chile cocktail.. I'll have to check it out online. You presented it so prettily in the martini glass. I had to laugh at your eating the shrimp as you fixed them.. I'd be doing the same thing.
Hope you have a great weekend,
Babs

Scribbler said...

This looks fabulous, and I am hungry too!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I don't know that cocktail sauce, but I like the name! Your dish looks so refreshing. Healthy too.

:)
ButterYum

Rettabug said...

Its only 6 am here & I am drooling for a taste of this spicy treat!! I can just imagine the flavors together. GREAT presentation, too! I have bookmarked this page & will be trying it very soon. THANKS!!

It reminds me of a really good gazpacho salad that I used to make, layering it in a compote bowl. I'll have to dig out that recipe & make it soon. I know you'll love it!

fondly,
Rett

Lynn said...

Gorgeous pics Marlis! Sounds like a great recipe:@)

Debbie said...

I was intrigued by the picture in the tablescape and came for the recipe. This looks delicious. My husband would really love this.

Kuby said...

This sounds absolutely delicious. Perfect with a Pomegranate Margarita. Now to find that juice...

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious Marlis. Pretty presentation too.

Carla and Michael said...

Visiting you from a linky party. This dish is going into my "must make file" as it looks like a perfect summer treat. Thanks.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Beautiful table with so many lovely touches. The spicy appetizer looks and sounds great! We love Mexican food. I will be trying this out for sure. Visit my blog to see how you can create your recipes on a tidy little printable box.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin