...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Blessings


Matthew 28

Jesus Has Risen
 1 After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.  2 There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4 The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
 5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”
 8 So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. 9 Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. 10 Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me.”


John 3:16

 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.


I pray for you that the blessings of the Lord Jesus Christ are many and that you have a most blessed Easter. Click HERE for the meanings of the items used on the Easter Holy Day.




Please drop in on this post HERE and leave a comment to be entered into a drawing for a set of 8 monogrammed white dinner napkins, your monogram, your style of monogram, your color of monogram. Winner to be announced Wednesday April 27th, 2011.

7 comments:

Sydnee said...

Hi Marlis

I love your site and your creativity.....I hope I win the dinner napkins...that would be awesome to have a treasure just from you......

Dianne said...

Marlis, Thank you for sharing this. He has indeed risen! I hope you have a wonderful day of celebration with your loved ones. Dianne

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Thank you for coming by dear MARLIS and for the lovely comments.
HE certainly has risen for us, I loved your post and read the meanings as well...because if it wasn't for my Lord JC, I wouldn't be so blessed with a wonderful hubby, daughters, mother and the rest of my dearest family...and meeting such wonderful friends in blog land, like you, even if it's virtual, you're all REAL and a treasure to have! So thank you for been my friend and I wish you a very blessed Easter Sunday.
FABBY

Alycia Nichols said...

Happy Easter, Marlis!

Sonia said...

Happy Easter!! Love your post! Your blog is lovely...I've been looking around and I'll be back!

Miss Bloomers

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter, Marlis!

The Tablescaper said...

Hope you're enjoying your Easter. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin