- Saturday: off to the home center to pick out paint for the bedroom. Bought a sample. Also purchased the paint to paint the hutch that will become our 'bar'. Trying to replicate one I saw at Dillards. Tip: pick up extra paint chips to keep with you, one for the inspiration book, one for your purse and a couple of extras for later on. That way if you are shopping, you have something with you should you need to match a color!
|Spring Spirits - hutch, Lyndhurst Castle Sand - bedroom, Homestead Resort Parlor Taupe - living areas|
- Go home - paint a section with the sample. I knew I shouldn't have tried to play it safe. Needs more depth of color. Way too washed out. Back to the home center and pick out the deeper color of gray-green-taupe-tinge of blue-paint. Husband hates green. His reaction is going to be priceless. I've been reading a cool blog called - Colour me Happy and got up the nerve to go with this color. Seem that gray is the new hot wall color. Now I can't just do gray that would be straying too far from the normal taupe.
- Stop at TJMaxx, found some Queen blue and white dishes. I so NEEDED those. Yeah right. But they do coordinate with my grandmother's dishes beautifully.
- Stopped at grocery store, picked up the remaining 3 spiders Halloween and some flowers.
- Home. Began painting the bedroom. Started on the big wall, the other walls are windows, doors, and lots of cutting in. Needed to have a good chunk done, since I'd already wasted over half the day.
- Sweet Husband calls from work and reminds me we are going to La Diosa to listen to our favorite group that evening. Get to a stopping point. Wrap up brushes, sit and here he comes home. Off to the shower.
- Meet up with our dear friends at La Diosa Cellars and realize I'm starved. Order my favorite, their Yucatan shrimp.. ooh it's like a spicy ceviche, you've got to try it! Refreshing, delightful, and hits the spot. Hooked on McPherson Cellars Rose of Grenache Syrah. Learned to love Rose's while in France and they are so hard to come by in Lubbock.
- Husband likes the paint. :-).......I am ecstatic. Well, I did tell him if he didn't like it, then he could repaint it, knowing full and well that he would never do that, it might just interfere with his love of the couch and TV!!
- Sunday: Tech is playing football. On a Sunday. Went with dear friends and had a blast. Sweet Husband had to work at the Ambucs tailgate which luckily was just around the corner from where we were. OMG, the Jack Daniels distributer brought in their chef from Dallas to cook the food for the Ambucs... Guacamole with blue cheese, Guacamole with crab ( I will figure this one out and share when I do), and corn and other stuff (my absolute favorite), brats bathed in chardonnay with sauerkraut, drumsticks wrapped in bacon, cheesy grits, and then fresh berry sorbet on white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. I think I got a taste of Heaven that day. Then we sweltered at the game. 95 degrees in the stands, they say up to 150 on the field. Tech needs to decide if they are going to play football or just show up this year. Regardless, I won the pot!
- Came home and then spent the next 2 1/2 hours finishing up the paint job in the bedroom. It was done when we went to bed and that was the goal. At this point just a day behind on what I'd planned.
Today: Not so Sweet Husband still asleep. I've read the paper, had my coffee and now I'm ready to start sanding the hutch. It would be nice were he up to help. Plan on getting the hutch (above in it's so 70's yellow green color! But it has good bones!) painted and then back to the home center for some glaze and the light fixture for inside. Then I'll measure the back for a mirror and the shelf for some glass. Need the light and the stem rack for up above.
|Regan found one empty spot on the bed while I was painting Saturday!|
Happy Labor Day my friends...