...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

For what they are...

Welcome to things I like just for what they are...
Sorry these are older pictures, but the new power cord for the laptop is on it's way. Now I'm praying that will fix what ails Ms. Toshiba Darling...

Tomato red geraniums



Talavera Pottery - handcrafted, heavy and not perfect.

Santa Fe, NM
Beautiful sunsets

candles, lace and antiques





Halloween - and it's just around the corner!


And best of all - everyone of you who comes by faithfully to read what I have to say or show.. Thank you, you make my day!



5 comments:

Tammy said...

Glad to have you back! Best of luck with Ms. Toshiba. And thank you for making my day that much more enjoyable!

Kathy said...

What a nice collection of photos you have in this post. I was especially draw in to the first one with the red geranium and the snowy background. What a beautiful scene. I like the touch of red on the bird feeder too.

Thank you for your kind comments about my crazy quilt ornament! I appreciate the feedback. I haven't really done much with bobbin work, except once I tried it in a class when the instructor provided the bobbin case so that our own would not have to be loosened.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Marlis,
I love sunsets too! And your picture is perfect! Wouldn't those talavera pottery dishes make the prettiest tablescape?
This is a great idea for a post! I feel like I know you a little better now!
xo Yvonne

xinex said...

I love Sta. Fe also, Marlis. DH used to work in Gallup so I used to visit NM a lot and I enjoyed going to flea markets browsing at turquoise jewelry and Indian pottery and dishes. Your photos are amazing!...Christine

my home sanctuary said...

What a fun post. I loved all your photo's. I am thinking fall too. Your background is the second like this I have seen today. I love it's quiltiness. BTW thanks for coming and seeing my tablescape. I worked on it for a long time. BTW we are neighbors did you come by from the Texas link? I noticed your shopping in Dallas.
Nice to meet you come back. BTW I have a giveway going on too check it out.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin