...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Poor Innocent Regan

Oh boy. I think I got in trouble today. The missus never said anything. But I think the "Oh, Regan" gave it away. Speaking of, I'd better get down before the blasted spray bottle finds me.

I don't know why this made her yelp! Well maybe I do. This is what she saw this morning when she came into the kitchen. Maybe things are a bit askew? Well maybe. The silver lid belongs on the crystal bowl. The pokey thing is supposed to be on the marble slab. Oh and there are supposed to be treats in the bowl. Well, what's a guy to do when he gets hungry in the middle of the night? I figured out how to lift the lid and then they were all mine. Mine. All of them.  Now she has a spray bottle or two on the counter. I think I forgot I wasn't supposed to get up there.

What this devil is not telling you.... he knocked it all the way to the floor two nights ago. the sweet handle on the silver lid is a bit bent now, I think the bowl fell on the lid. But luckily with wooden kitchen floors nothign was broken. Just lots of treats all over the floor. Step on that barefoot, early in the morning!! All the spray bottles are out again and we are back to "reminding" Houdini that he has limits in the house....

Happy Weekend. Happy Memorial Day. Be blessed...

11 comments:

allisamazing said...

Lol - gotta love those kitties!

Entertaining Women said...

We had three cats for 20 years. I remember these days quite well. Regan is one smart kitty. Cherry Kay

Lynn said...

Well he sure looks innocent enough:@) Happy Memorial Day Marlis-enjoy!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

How cute! NOT! I have cats and know your pain! They are so inquisitive! One of mine opens cupboard doors and walks in- little stinker! We love them though and put up with their shananigans!!

Dianne said...

Aww, Regan doesn't look the part, but looks can be deceiving. I used to have a Houdini too. he would get on the counter, knock things on the floor and share them with our dog at the time. Luckily Punkin is too old to make that high jump on the counter tops. Have a great holiday! Dianne

Jeannie said...

Oh, poor Regan! He was just trying to self-serve himself and not bother you in the middle of the night! Went to Los Ranches del Albuquerque yesterday and thought of you, Marlis! Hope all is well! Jeannie

On Crooked Creek said...

Marlis,
Regan on the prowl, huh??? Too darn cute! Although I can't imagine it felt good to step on cat treats with bare feet in the early morning hours. I can remember my sons saying,"Oh~oh kitty, kitty...you better run and hide! MoMa's got the spray bottle out, again!" You'd think that darned cat understood English...I wouldn't see him for days!!! Thanks for reminding me of the JOYS of cat ownership!
Fondly,
Pat
P.s. Still missing our beloved, Maurice!

Diane said...

Cute! Glad there was no glass and all you stepped on was a treat!

RhondaBuss said...

Marlis, I don't know if you know about The Graphics Fairy, but in case you don't, I thought I would send a link to her blog. She posted a table runner today and I immediately thought of you. You can see it here, http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/2012/05/brag-monday-burlap-table-runn
er-funny.html

Debbie said...

Since it's not me, can I giggle? I love that look of feigned innocence on his face.

Good luck with the retraining and spray bottling.

The French Hutch said...

I just had to say this sweet innocent face couldn't have been a bad boy. Surely you were mistaken! I don't know why my sister has to have a spray bottle with her kitties either. They have the same sweet innocent faces! I'm a noodle when I get those sweet looks. I'm happy nothing was broken…
Hope you have a great week.

~Emily
The French Hutch

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin