...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Thursday, March 5, 2009

You can teach an old dog new tricks.


So maybe I'm not really an old dog, but there are days I certainly know that I have reached that magical age of knowing how old one is by the way the body creaks getting out of bed. Still beats the alternative.

Tuesday evening a gracious lady taught me (the world's worst student) how to solder. Well, she did the best she could with the material with which she had to work - me. Nonetheless, we managed quite well. And she made me do it all, even attach the jump ring which took me almost an hour because I'd get it on, want to clean it up, and lo and behold, the jump ring was on the end of the soldering iron - again! But I finally got it on. Nancy had so much patience that she never lost her cool. Just winced a time or two when I picked up the gem with my bare hands. I guess I will have to learn the hard way that freshly soldered materials are hot.

Regardless of the trials and tribulations, this was so much fun. Oh gosh. I can imagine the possibilities that can be sandwiched between glass... embroideries, quilted fabric, pictures, pressed flowers, alcohol inked images, painted beauties...
And you know, it's not perfect, but I don't even care.

Try new things and Be Creative!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! It's fun isn't it? We'll have to get together and solder away, I have a bunch of different glass sizes you can try.
Stacy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin