...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Friday, March 20, 2009

Tongue in Cheek

Many of you know that I am not a native Texan. I sound like one, sometimes think like one, drive like one for sure. But I was raised in Europe, born in Germany and lived in France for 13 years. Specifically in Orleans, south of Paris. I have two half-brothers that still live there, one in Poitiers and one in Digne, north of Nice in the Provence area.
It seems that as I age, I am drawn to things that spark memories from my youth. I guess losing my mother has made mortality a real thing. Losing our nephew in January has really made me wistful for days when life seemed easier.
So I found this really great blog. Tongue in Cheek. I am so enamored with her writings, musings, pictures, and recipes that I truly cannot wait to get up each and everyday to visit France through her eyes. So if you are a Francophile and need a daily fix.. check Corey out. I think you'll love her photography and her tongue in cheek approach to life in France.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin