...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Heirloom sewing in Texas, part three

Welcome back for this week's showing of the next category of pieces from 
This garment took first place in this category that was constructed garments with embroidery. There is embroidery that falls off the edge of the garment. The front and back are so tastefully embellished.

A very lovely wool crepe jacket with glitzed embroidery designs and crystal zippers. Second Place.

Third place. A silk dupioni ladies jacket. Would you just look at those expertly constructed pockets on teh front! Covered buttons and tone on tone embroidery certainly make this a winner.

Gorgeous embroidery design!









I hope you enjoyed the pretties this week and will return next Saturday for the next category!
Be blessed.

6 comments:

The French Hutch said...

These are beautiful examples of an art work we don't see so much. These pieces are so lovely and such a treat to see what our mom and grandmoms enjoyed doing. thanks for sharing this exhibit with us.

~Emily
The French Hutch

Denise at Forest Manor said...

Hi Marlis,

Oh how I wish I had learned to sew when I was a young girl, because now I'm intimidated to try and learn. I am thinking of taking a class though. I like the silk jacket with tone on tone embroidery, the wedding gown,and love the pretty, delicate white blouse with lace trim. These people are very talented! Have a great weekend!

Denise

Maria said...

It's so nice to see that these forms of art are still alive! Beautiful work!

Rettabug said...

Oh my goodness! That silk dupioni ladies jacket just takes my breath away. Also loved the monogram on the bride's veil.
I don't remember ANY of this type of display when Jerry & I went to "Lace Camp" in Huntsville. Perhaps I was just concentrating on my classes. There were tons of Christening gowns but not many grown-up clothes.
You're making want to go again!!

fondly,
Rett

xinex said...

So many gorgeous outfits! The embroideries are superb. Thanks for sharing, Marlis..Christine

Barbara F. said...

What some talented ladies can do with a needle and thread amazes me. I LOVE the peacock embroidery, I would have it framed to hang on the wall. And the bridal gown, and that cute little white blouse? Lovely items - thanks for taking us along to this wonderful show. xo,

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin