...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Monday, November 30, 2009

When do you decorate for Christmas?

So when is it that you decorate? Do you decorate? Live tree? Man-made tree?

There's a joke in our house that the pie is served in the attic after our Thankgivings' meal. It did seem that we cleaned up the dinner mess and then promptly began to decorate for Christmas. I agree. But I LOVE this holiday. (I don't love it when Hobby Lobby takes down Fourth of July and puts up Christmas though, that is tacky IMHO.)
I thought I'd share a fun advent calendar with you today. When do you know you have a collection? I ask because I think these advent calendars are multiplying. Anyway, back to this calendar.
In my past life, I traveled a lot! Not all hotel keys found their way back to the front desk ;-). So at last count I had hundreds of them. This advent calendar is made from 24 of them. I chose older family pictures for this one. One side has the picture, a ribbon and maybe an embellishment or two. The other has a poem, or Christmas story or simply some pretty paper. It was great to find the kids first visit with Santa pics...

Basic instructions: adhere a picture to the front, adhere something to the back. Add a number. Add some embellishments. Use a Crop-a-dile to punch a hole in the top. Tie a ribbon through the top. Find a suitable ornament hanger. Find a tree. Done.

Be Creative!

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

Very creative!!! You can't decorate too early for Christmas. I love it too.
To answer your questions I will decorate starting next weekend and it will be finished when I can't find a place for anything or can't get hubby to drag anything else down.
Our tree is man made (I'm sure by one who ruined it all by having fits when trying to get the real ones in the stand straight.)Miss the smell though.Do not miss adding the lights.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin