...family, friends, home and other tidbits of a blessed life

Saturday, April 18, 2009

QuicKutz Club update

As promised, here is the complete cover. The insert started out 8" x 12". Fold this so that you have a 5 1/2" x 8" front and a slightly larger back piece.

I've purposed this insert to celebrate the 2nd birthday of our youngest granddaughter Zoe. Temperametally she is the splitting image of her daddy, calm, unpretentious and charming. She's the perfect compliment to her older sister Allie. They fit together like apple pie and ice cream. The letters for her name were die cut using the QuicKutz Fiesta font. I used Ranger's Distress Crackle Paint in Peeled Paint to paint the letters. This product looks best if you paint on thick and thin areas. The thick areas will crack deeper and less finely than the thinly applied areas. Once dried, I lightly brushed with a gold ink pad. "is" was die cut using the QuicKutz Jolly font. The number 2 is the larger QuicKutz Diesel font, die cut from both DP and a thin chipboard. Once the edges have been inked, I covered the piece with Ranger's Glossy Accents and let it dry thoroughly before any further handling of the piece.

A close up of the insert opened. Slivers of paper were used to "sew" the buttons. No knots and no searching for the perfect thread. Sew easy.


The back page. Since club, I raided the "resource center" and added a Prima flower with a metal flower accent as the center. I also added a metal butterfly. Who knows how long those metal pieces have aged in the resource center. But this year is about using stuff up and so far, I've done quite well. As good as this is for me, I'm sure you feel frustrated. Especially if you are trying to replicate projects exactly! I do understand, but understand that it's good to actually use some of the stuff I buy instead of hoarding it... I'm sure none of you ever does this?

What is the oldest craft item you have in your resource center?

Be Creative!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin